Wesley House Student Residence respects the privacy and rights of all our stakeholders, including students, staff, volunteers, and donors.
Donor Bill of Rights
All Wesley House Student Residence donors have the right to:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Information Handling Policies
- Wesley House Student Residence does not and will never sell donors’ personal information nor use it to spam, annoy, or otherwise harass donors and their families.
- All donors have the right to control how and when their personal information is saved and used.
- All donors may update, delete, or exclude the usage of their personal information at any time of their choosing.
- All donors may request their contributions be made anonymous.
To update your personal information or request that you be removed from the Wesley House database, please email [email protected] or call (619) 582-0773.
All records are cleaned and purged after a period of inactivity of 5 years or greater.
- All credit card, ACH, Venmo, PayPal, or other financial transaction information is safeguarded and protected by Wesley House Student Residence with no access provided to any outside agencies.
- All credit card and digital transactions are encrypted. Wesley House does not store, nor has access to, full credit card numbers unless otherwise provided by the donor.
- All hard copies of financial information are stored securely in locked storage in the Wesley House offices. Only executive staff have access to these records.
- Donors may request a record of their financial activity at any time by emailing [email protected] or calling (619) 582-0773.
Financial records are held for the requisite period of time as defined by the United States Internal Revenue Service. Financial records are destroyed after this holding period following established best practices.
To make requests about your donation, personal or financial information, or any other salient information, please contact Wesley House Student Residence at:
Wesley House Student Residence, Inc.
5710 Hardy Avenue, Ste. 12
San Diego, CA 92115